Green tea, ginger and veggie juice
Green tea is known for its many health benefits ranging from improving heart health to preventing memory loss and managing blood glucose levels. Therefore, it makes sense to include it in more than just a cuppa. Enjoy this refreshing veggie juice any time of the day.
Ready in45 mins plus 1 hour cooling time
Serving sizeServes 4
Makes about 1 litre
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 thick slices fresh ginger
- ¾ cup (180 ml) boiling water
- 10-15 cm piece of cucumber, cubed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 large handfuls baby spinach, shredded
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice or more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- extra fresh mint and lemon wedges to serve
- Place tea and ginger in a glass jug and pour boiling water over. Allow the tea to draw until cooled down. Remove tea bags and ginger. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the rest of the veggies and mint with the cold tea in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with lemon juice and a pinch of pepper. Stir through.
- Add crushed ice and serve immediately with more fresh mint and lemon wedges.
- For a stronger green tea flavour, freeze chilled green tea in ice cube trays to serve in the juice.