Breakfast bowls with scrambled eggs & avocado
Who says scrambled eggs are boring? Just look at these colourful bowls of wholesome goodness. Creamy avocado makes it extra filling, with an all-important dose of omega acids for a healthy brain.
Ready in25 mins
Serving sizeServes 4
- 8-12 eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) water or 1 tbsp (15 ml) per egg
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive or avocado oil
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 2 x corn on the cob, cooked and kernels cut off the cob (see tip)
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- handful fresh Italian parsley or chopped chives
- lemon wedges to serve
- Beat the eggs with water, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and pour in the egg mixture.
- Allow eggs to start setting before stirring too much. Gently stir eggs to ensure that all the raw egg is cooked. Don’t make the pan too hot; otherwise, the eggs can’t separate easily. Reduce the heat if necessary.
- Gently stir scrambled eggs, without over-mixing, until just cooked. Divide eggs between 4 bowls and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and the rest of the oil to the same pan while it is still hot. Sautè for a few minutes until just heated through.
- Spoon tomatoes into the bowls of egg. Add avocado, corn and red pepper to each bowl.
- Sprinkle herbs over and add a good grind of black pepper. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- Cook corn on the cob: Fill a pot with just enough water so that it is about 3-4 cm deep. Bring to a boil and add the corn. Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until just cooked, but still bright yellow in colour.