Butternut and sweetcorn bake
Butternut is a versatile veggie with a naturally sweet flavour. The creamy sweetcorn makes this a sweet and delicious side dish without the need for cream or butter.
Ready in1 hour 15 mins
Serving sizeServes 4 – 6
- 400 g butternut, cut in cubes
- 400 g sweet potatoes with the skin, cut in cubes
- ½ onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sunflower oil
- ½ x 410 g tin cream style sweetcorn
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) ground nutmeg
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Mix butternut, sweet potatoes, onion and oil together in an oven dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the veggies are just cooked.
- Pour sweetcorn over veggies and season with nutmeg and pepper.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve as a side dish with meat or chicken or a braai.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book