Chocolate and coconut clusters
The banana adds a natural sweetness to these clusters, making them a tasty treat without any added sugar.
Ready in1 hour
Serving sizeMakes about 24 clusters
- 1 banana
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 tsp (40 ml) sunflower oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (250 ml) uncooked oats
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped raw almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200 ˚C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl and beat in the egg, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined and place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked. Allow to cool and store for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
- Serve 3 clusters as a portion for a treat or even as a dessert with coffee.
Nutritional information per 3 clusters
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 3rd edition: Diabetes
Download the recipe book