These little desserts have a smooth, soft and creamy texture. The yoghurt and cottage cheese adds a cheesecake flavour that is delicious.
Ready in45 mins plus 1 hour cooling time
Serving sizeServes 6
- ¾ cup (180 ml) plain smooth low-fat cottage cheese
- 175 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornflour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 x 119 g tin granadilla pulp
- 12-18 medium strawberries or orange segments
- Preheat the oven to 160 ˚C. Whisk all the ingredients, except the strawberries or oranges, together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 6 individual ovenproof dishes or ramekins.
- Place dishes on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until just set. To test, gently shake the tray to see how firm it is. It will continue to set as it cools down.
- Turn off the oven and allow to cool down in the oven. Refrigerate and allow to cool completely.
- Serve cold with 2-3 strawberries or orange segments per person.
- Grate 1-2 blocks of dark chocolate over the cheesecakes. Or garnish with toasted nuts, coconut or cocoa powder.
This Granadilla cheesecake recipe is so easy to make and all you need are these 7 ingredients.
Nutritional information per portion
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 3rd edition: Diabetes
Download the recipe book