Pan-fried pineapple with coconut-yoghurt
This is one of the easiest desserts to prepare and once you have tasted this combination, it will become a firm favourite. Pan-frying the pineapple makes it extra sweet and tasty and the toasted coconut added to the plain yoghurt is something special.
Ready in30 mins
Serving sizeServes 6
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sunflower oil
- 175 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
- handful mint fresh leaves to serve
- Cut pineapple into 6 thick, even slices.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and toast coconut without any oil until golden brown. Take care not to burn it. Spoon out.
- In the same pan, heat oil and fry pineapple slices on both sides until golden brown and just cooked.
- Mix 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the coconut with the yoghurt.
- Serve 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the yoghurt mixture with the pineapple, sprinkle with remaining coconut and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Try this recipe with plums, peaches or apricots in summer.
Nutritional information per portion
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 3rd edition: Diabetes
Download the recipe book