Spinach and corn bakes
These bakes are so easy to make and a great idea to pack in a lunch box.
Ready in45 mins
Serving sizeServes 4
- 1 x 410 g tin cream style sweetcorn
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 spinach leaves, finely shredded
- 100 ml cake flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sunflower or canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- ¼ tsp (1,2 ml) salt
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease a muffin pan.
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Season with lemon juice and pepper.
- Divide mixture into muffin pan and sprinkle extra paprika on top, if preferred. Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Serve as part of a light lunch with lemon wedges and a bean or lentil salad. Add avocado when in season.
- This is a delicious snack served hot or at room temperature.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of each bake before baking.
- To make it a more filling lunch, serve with leftover cooked butternut, sweet potatoes or baby potatoes.
- This recipe makes 12 small bakes.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 2nd edition: Breakfast, Lunch and snacks
Download the recipe book