Yummy potato bake
A potato bake is always a favourite, but is often very rich and salty. Try this version with yoghurt and mushrooms and watch how it becomes your new favourite.
Ready in1 hour 30 mins
Serving sizeServes 8 – 10
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cake flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried origanum or mixed herbs
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- black pepper to taste
- 10 medium potatoes in the skin, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Mix yoghurt, milk, flour, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Spread a little of this sauce on the base of an oven dish.
- Layer half the potatoes on the sauce. Place onions, garlic and mushrooms in an even layer on top.
- Cover with remaining potatoes and pour over the rest of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Serve as a starchy side dish with a protein of your choice.
- Dried or fresh thyme is delicious in this dish.
- You can replace half the potatoes with sliced butternut or sweet potatoes.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book