This is an easy and simple fridge cheesecake. Most recipes use cream cheese and cream, but smooth cottage cheese is delicious and the cream is not necessary.
Ready in45 min plus 2 hours to set
Serving sizeServes 12
- 1 x 200 g packet Marie biscuits
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind or ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) soft tub margarine, melted
- 1 x 385 g tin condensed milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) lemon juice
- 1 x 250 g tub plain smooth low-fat cottage cheese
- Place biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or a small glass.
- Mix biscuit crumbs with lemon rind in a mixing bowl and add water and margarine. Stir to bind it together.
- Press onto the base and sides of a 22 cm pie dish and place in the fridge until needed.
- Mix condensed milk and lemon juice in a mixing bowl until thickened and stir in the cottage cheese.
- Pour filling over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve with fresh fruit of your choice.
- Stir 1 x 115 g tin granadilla pulp into the filling for a different flavour.
- The crust used in this Milk tart is also delicious with this filling.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book