Pasta with tuna and peas
A simple, yet tasty family supper.
Ready in1 hour
Serving sizeServes 6
- 250 g elbow noodles
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sunflower or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) curry powder
- 2 x 170 g tins tuna in brine, drained
- 1 x 410 g tin cream style sweetcorn
- ¼ cup (60 ml) low-fat milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen peas, rinsed
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add pasta and ½ tsp of the salt. Cook until tender and drain well. Stir in 1 tbsp of the oil and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Meanwhile, heat rest of the oil in a pot and fry onion and green pepper.
- Add curry powder and fry for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in remaining ingredients with the rest of the salt.
- Mix sauce with warm pasta and season with lemon juice and pepper.
- Spoon into an oven dish and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a green salad or green veggies of your choice.
- If you prefer a spicier sauce, fry 1 chilli, chopped with the onion.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book