Sosaties or kebabs are a popular way to cook meat over the coals. This simple marinade can be used for any meat.
Ready in1 hour, plus 1 hour marinating time
Serving sizeServes 4 – 6
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh origanum
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- black pepper to taste
- 500 g leg or shoulder of pork, all fat removed and cut in cubes
- 1 onion, cut in pieces
- 1 green or red pepper, seeds removed and cut in pieces
- ½ pineapple, cut in pieces
- Mix lemon juice, oil, origanum, salt and pepper.
- Place meat in a shallow dish and pour marinade over. Stir through to coat the meat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Thread meat with onion, pepper and pineapple onto sosatie sticks.
- Braai over medium coals for 8-10 minutes on each side or until the meat is cooked, but still juicy.
- Fry these sosaties over a medium heat in a frying pan using the marinade. This marinade can be used to make chicken or fish sosaties.
- If available, dried prunes or apricots are delicious on these sosaties.
- Add 1 tsp curry powder to the marinade, if preferred.
All you need to prepare this recipe
With just a few simple ingredients, you can prepare these delicious pork sosaties. Get the whole family involved and let everyone skewer their own combination of ingredients.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book