Potato salad is often covered in mayonnaise. The combination of yoghurt and mayonnaise makes it lower in fat and even more yummy.
Ready in1 hour
Serving sizeServes 8
- 8 medium potatoes in the skin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- pinch of mustard powder
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- ½ red or green pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped (see tip)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and chopped (optional)
- Place potatoes and ½ tsp of the salt in a pot with water. Bring to the boil and cook until tender. Allow to cool, peel and cut in cubes.
- Mix mustard, the rest of the salt, lemon juice, pepper, mayonnaise, yoghurt and parsley.
- Mix sauce into potatoes with red pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle with egg and serve as a side dish.
- To soften the strong flavour of raw onion, cover with boiling water and allow to stand for a few minutes. Drain well and use as above.
- If fresh chives are available, add 2 tbsp chopped chives to the sauce.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book