Broccoli and cauliflower with a creamy sauce
This is a lighter version of the well-known cauliflower cheese. By using yoghurt instead of a rich cheese sauce, broccoli and cauliflower is still a delicious side dish.
Ready in30 mins
Serving sizeServes 6
- 200 g broccoli
- 200 g cauliflower
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 175 ml plain low-fat yoghurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) plain smooth low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) ground nutmeg or paprika
- 4 tsp (20 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) prepared mustard (optional)
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- pinch of paprika or peri-peri
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Place in a pot with 1-2 cm of water and simmer until tender, but still crunchy. Drain well.
- Mix cheese, yoghurt, cottage cheese, nutmeg, parsley, mustard and salt.
- Pour some of this sauce over the veggies. Sprinkle with paprika and serve with the rest of the sauce.
- Serve hot or at room temperature as a side dish with meat or chicken.
- You can also use this sauce as a dipping sauce with veggies or spoon it over baked potatoes.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book