Surprise your kids with these yummy cookies. They won’t even know that they are high in fibre.
Ready in50 mins
Serving sizeMakes 40 small cookies
- ¼ cup (60 ml) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) soft tub margarine
- ¾ cup (180 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) low-fat milk
- 2 cups (500 ml) oats
- 1 cup (250 ml) wholewheat flour
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup (125 ml) raisins
- ½ tbsp (7,5 ml) ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat peanut butter and margarine until well blended. Add sugar and mix well. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in milk.
- Mix oats, flour, bicarb, raisins and cinnamon. Stir into sugar mixture until well blended.
- Allow the mixture to stand for a few minutes. Roll into small balls and place on baking tray. Press down with a fork or spoon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container and serve as a teatime treat.
- Substitute 3 tbsp of the flour with cocoa for a chocolate flavour.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book