Such a simple combination of ingredients, which results in a refreshing salad to serve with any meal.
Ready in25 mins
Serving sizeServes 6
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive or canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) red wine or balsamic vinegar
- black pepper to taste
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 slice feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh origanum leaves or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried origanum
- Mix oil and vinegar in a bowl and season with pepper to form a dressing.
- Slice tomatoes and place with the feta in the dressing. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Arrange tomato and feta on a salad platter or place in a salad bowl, with the origanum scattered in between.
- Use a combination of large and baby tomatoes for an interesting look.
- Add mint or parsley with the origanum, or as an alternative.
- Add thin slices of cucumber for a variation.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 4th edition: Braai
Download the recipe book