Crustless vegetable quiche
Pastry is very high in fat so this crustless quiche is a healthier alternative and great for both teatime or as a light lunch with a salad.
Ready in1 hour 15 mins
Serving sizeServes 8
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sunflower oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2-3 baby marrows, sliced
- 4 large spinach leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-fat milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and grease an oven dish or pie dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry onions and baby marrows for a few minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until just soft. Add salt and season with lemon juice and pepper.
- Beat eggs and milk together and add paprika and parsley.
- Spoon veggies into oven dish and pour egg mixture over. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30-45 minutes or until set.
- Leftover chicken or a tin of tuna can be added to the veggies for a light meal.
- Replace ½ of the milk with ½ cup of plain smooth low-fat cottage cheese.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book