These are a healthy alternative to deep-fried chips. Kids love them and the garlic becomes sweet and golden for the adults. Do try the flavour options in the tips.
Ready in1 hour
Serving sizeServes 8
- 8 medium potatoes in the skin
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sunflower oil
- black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried thyme or rosemary
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and place in a bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the potatoes. Mix well to coat the potatoes with the oil.
- Place in a single layer on an oven tray. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve as a starchy side dish with fish or protein of your choice.
- This recipe works well with sweet potatoes and butternut, or a combination of these.
- The potatoes can be boiled or microwaved until almost tender and then cut into wedges. Then they will bake for 20 minutes.
- Spicy potatoes: Replace the herbs with 2 tsp paprika, curry powder or turmeric.
These oven-baked chips are golden brown and crispy. Your kids will love them as a healthier alternative to the traditional, deep-fried chips.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 1st edition
Download the recipe book