Sweet potato and bean mash
This sweet potato and bean mash is a great source of potassium and magnesium. Serve it with a lean protein of your choice like chicken, fish or pork.
Ready in40 min
Serving sizeServes 6
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato in the skin, diced
- 1 x 410 g tin of butter beans, with the liquid
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- chopped fresh Italian parsley to taste
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry onion until soft. Add sweet potato and 100 ml water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer with a lid for 20 minutes until soft enough to mash.
- Drain the butter beans but keep the liquid. Add beans to the sweet potato mixture and cook together for 2-3 minutes.
- Mash mixture with about 30 ml of the retained liquid. Season with mustard and parsley, lemon juice and pepper to taste. Serve a small portion of mash with a lean protein of your choice. Try it with the Aromatic citrus chicken or the Crispy sesame seed fish.
This recipe is from the Dash Edition
Download the recipe book