Fresh fruit and peanut butter dip
This peanut butter dip makes snacking on fruit even yummier! The peanut butter adds a slightly sweeter flavour to the yoghurt, making it ideal for those late afternoon munchies.
Ready in15 mins
Serving sizeServes 4 (170 ml)
3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut butter
½ cup (125 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt
4 apples or pear, cut in wedges
- Place peanut butter in a bowl and mix until slightly softened. Stir in the yoghurt and mix well until smooth.
- Serve peanut butter dip with fruit wedges as a mid-afternoon snack. The peanut butter and fruit can help to curb your sweet tooth cravings.
- Make a savoury dip for veggie sticks: Mix ½ cup (125 ml) low-fat cottage cheese with ¼ cup (60 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt and season with lemon juice and black pepper. Add chopped fresh herbs, if preferred.
- Use any seasonal fruit of your choice to dunk into the dip. This is also a great lunch box filler for kids.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or a drop of vanilla essence to the dip for a different flavour.
- Make sure you use a good quality peanut butter that is lower in salt and sugar.
- Other delicious dips to try are the Roasted chickpea dip and the Guacamole.
Apple and peanut butter snack
Here's another great idea with peanut butter. Make a quick and wholesome snack with apples, peanut butter and seeds.
Healthy homemade dips
Whether it's a healthy lunch box filler, a quick entertaining idea or something easy for the family to snack on. Try any one of Cooking from the hearts healthy homemade dip ideas.
This recipe is from Cooking from the heart, 2nd edition: Breakfast, Lunch and snacks
Download the recipe book